Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Public Relations is my game..;)

Now, at this point of time,
I am missing him terribly...:'(

The moment i reached Larkin last Sunday,
I feel desperately in need to be back home into his arms..:(

I just couldnt wait to be with you this weekend dear...

On the other hand,
I've been pretty busy with the PR exhibition...
a three-day event; the grand opening ceremony was earlier today...

I was the MC for the event...
trust me,
i've been MC-ing for a gazillion times,
this morning's event was by far the most challenging one for me....

For IIUM-ians,
I'm sure you're familiar with any MCs saying

"Announcing the arrival of........."

right?

I've always thought that it was easy peasy....

BUT.....

i realised that, to just say the word 'announcing' requires talent..;)

seriously...

Last night we had a full-dressed rehearsal of the event..
so all of us had to actually perform our tasks just as if it is the real thing..

time checked=8.00 p.m

and so the 'acting' rector, HOD and other VIPs arrived...

I pun apa lagi...

"announcing the arrival of ........."

somehow it doesnt sound right to me...

after the rehearsal,
Mdm commented on a lot of things that needed to be corrected...

and me, especially,
had to go through soooooooooooooooooo many rounds of rehearsing the MC scripts..

Just to get it all right and perfect....

time checked= 11.30 pm

i've already rehearsed for 'i-dont-know-and-cant-count-anymore' times..
i was thirsty and had no energy left....
I still couldnt get it right...

by 12am,
i left the rehearsal, rested and was up and ready in front of the audi by 7 am...

debarannya?
mak ai! takle angkatz beb!

i was shivering...
i was practising my script again and again at the back stage...

Mdm told me to do some mouth exercises...
aha....
so you can imagine me doing all the 'ooohs' and 'aaahs' with my mouth...
hehehe...

exactly on the dot,
( i was impressed..ni bukan janji melayu tau)
we started the opening ceremony...

ceh...
dengan segala semangat yang ada dalam diri,

"ANNOUNCING the arrival of........................."

cheyy badak!
I finally got it right.......:))

quick, congratulate me....;)

terime kaseh...sama-sama kaseh...

kikikiki...

Soon,
i began to fill comfortable and the event went smoothly....:)
even though there were some glitches...

but then again,
to err is human...

and to constantly improve
is our task...:)

Thanks to all the committees for their support..
special thanx to kaed....;)

and oh yes,
before i forgot....
CONGRATULATIONS to liyana (fellow singaporean)
and your group mates,
for winning the PR program proposal competition...
tumpang bangga nih...hihi...



otey...

i've got to prepare for the closing ceremony tomorrow morning..
and for the quiz and presentation tomorrow afternoon...

yikes!

tata!

p/s: pics will be up when i get them from the committees, i dont know when (cant promise)...hihi....

No comments: